Special Interest Groups
ANZIAM supports several Specialist Interest Groups:
- The Computational Mathematics Group holds the Computational Techniques and Applications Conference (CTAC) biennially. The Proceedings of the CTAC Conferences are published.
- The Engineering Mathematics Group sponsors occasional one day meetings and a biennial conference, the proceedings of which are published.
- Mathsport is concerned with applications of mathematics and computers in sport. It also holds biennial meetings.
- The Mathematics in Industry Study Group holds the Mathematics in Industry Study Group Meeting, an annual one week get-together of applied and industrial mathematicians brainstorming on real industrial problems.
- SIGMAOPT is the optimization special interest group of ANZIAM. The group consists of a forum for Australian and New Zealand optimization specialists to interact. SIGMAOPT holds annual meetings: the Optimization Annual Workshop.
- The Mathematical Biology Group is concerned with biological applications of mathematics. The group holds an annual workshop at the end of the ANZIAM conference.