SIGMAOPT is the optimization special interest group of ANZIAM. The group consists of a forum for Australian and New Zealand optimization specialists to interact. The Optimization group holds annual meetings: the Optimization Annual Workshop.
The Optimization group brings together scientists from Australia and New Zealand in order to:
- Maintain, promote and further develop the theory and practice of optimization and optimal control;
- Attract students to the discipline.
Rules of Procedure
- Chair: Jonathan Borwein (University of Newcastle)
- Secretary: Regina Burachik (University of South Australia)
- Treasurer: Andrew Eberhard (Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology)
- Committee: to be elected
- The first Annual Conference of Optimization will be held at the Centre for Computer Assisted Mathematical Research and Applications at the University of Newcastle in February.
- Fully refereed proceedings will be produced from each conference and will be available for purchase