Call for nominations for the ICIAM Prizes 2019
27 Jan 2017
The ICIAM Prize Committee for 2019 calls for nominations for the five ICIAM Prizes to be awarded in 2019 (the Collatz Prize, the Lagrange Prize, the Maxwell Prize, the Pioneer Prize and the Su Buchin Prize). Each ICIAM Prize has its own special character, but each one is truly international in character. Nominations are therefore welcome from every part of the world. A nomination should take into account the specifications for a particular prize (see
http://www.iciam.org/iciam-prizes and see also below), and should contain the following information:
- Full name and address of person nominated.
- Web home page if any.
- Name of particular ICIAM Prize.
- Justification for nomination (cite nominator's reason for considering candidate to be deserving, including explanations of the scientific and practical influence of the candidate's work and publications).
- Proposed citation (concise statement about the outstanding contribution in fewer than 250 words).
- CV of the nominee.
- 2-3 letters of support from experts in the field and/or 2-3 names of experts to be consulted by the Prize Committee.
- Name and contact details of the proposer.
Nominations should be made electronically through the website
The deadline for nominations is July 15th, 2017.
Please contact email@example.com
ICIAM Prize committee for 2019:
Committee Chair: Maria J. Esteban
Zdenek Strakos (Chair of Collatz Prize Subcommittee)
Alexandre Chorin (Chair of Lagrange Prize Subcommittee)
Alexander Mielke (Chair of Maxwell Prize Subcommittee)
Denis Talay (Chair of Pioneer Prize Subcommittee)
Zuowei Shen (Chair of Su Buchin Prize Subcommittee)
Margaret H. Wright.
ICIAM, the International Council for Industrial and Applied Mathematics, is the world organization for applied and industrial mathematics.Its members are mathematical societies based in more than 30 countries. For more information, see the Council's web page at http://www.iciam.org/.
Maria J. Esteban
President of ICIAM