The ANZIAM medal
The ANZIAM medal is awarded on the basis of
- Research achievements,
- Activities enhancing applied or industrial mathematics, or both, and
- Contributions to ANZIAM.
The first award was made at the 1995 ANZIAM conference.
Winners of the ANZIAM Medal
- 1995 Professor Renfrey B. Potts
- 1997 Professor Ian H. Sloan
- 1999 Professor Ernest O. Tuck
- 2001 Associate Professor Charles E.M. Pearce
- 2004 Professor Roger H.J. Grimshaw
- 2006 Professor Graeme C. Wake
- 2008 Professor James M. Hill
- 2010 Dr Robert Anderssen
- 2012 Professor Robert McKibbin
Nominations for the AWARD can be made by any member of ANZIAM other than the nominee. A nomination should consist of a brief C.V. of the nominee together with the nominee's list of publications and no more than a one page resumé of the significance of the nominee's work. Nominations should be forwarded in confidence, electronically to Dr. Robert Anderssen (Bob.Anderssen@csiro.au), Chair of the Selection Panel, by 8th November 2013.
Please note that, where necessary, the Selection Panel will consult with appropriate assessors concerning evaluation of any nominee's research.