The A F Pillow Applied Mathematics Top-up Scholarship
The AF Pillow Applied Mathematics Trust offers an annual `top-up' scholarship to a student holding either an Australian Postgraduate Award (APA) or equivalent award for full-time research in Applied Mathematics leading to the award of a PhD. The aim of the A F Pillow Applied Mathematics Top-up Scholarship is to increase the quantity and quality of postgraduate students in the field of applied mathematics in Australia.
The scholarship top-up is awarded for up to 3 years and consists of up to a $10,000 annual stipend for a full time applicant, to supplement a basic postgraduate scholarship (eg an APA or equivalent award). As a full-time scholarship top-up award, it is non-taxable.
An allowance of up to $1500 per annum (maximum $4500) will be available and payable to the student on production of receipts for reasonable expenses associated incurred for economy airfares and registration fees to attend the ANZIAM national annual conference.
In each year, one top-up scholarship will be awarded.
Guidelines, application form and a historical lecture can be obtained by from here:
- AFP_AMTrust_ScholarshipGuidelines_2017updated16.9.16.doc (57 KB)
- AFP_AMTrust_Scholarship_Application.doc (61 KB)
- Professor Pillows Inaugral Lecture at the University of Queensland: What is Applied Maths? (PDF, 804 KB)
- Assessment Guide.docx (16 KB)
Applications are due 4th December 2015.
- Mr Christopher Lustri (Queensland University of Technology)
- Mr Alex Badran (University of Wollongong)
- Mr Michael Dallaston (Queensland University of Technology)
- Mr Hayden Tronnolone (University of Adelaide)
- Ms Lisa Mayo (Queensland University of Technology)
- Ms Audrey Markowskei (Macquarie University)
- Mr Pouya Baniasadi (Flinders University)
- Mr Alexander Tam (The University of Adelaide)
- Ms Jody Fisher (Flinders University)