MathSport is a special interest group of ANZIAM. The group consists of a loose forum for Australian and New Zealand sports scientists to interact. MathSport holds bienniel meetings: the Mathematics and Computers in Sport Conferences.
MathSport brings together sports scientists who are interested in
mathematical and statistical modelling in sport;
- the use of computers in sport;
- the application of these to improve coaching and individual performance; and
- teaching that combines mathematics, computers and sport.
Rules of Procedure
Previous conferences on Mathematics and Computers in Sport (1 through 4 and number 6) have been held at Bond University, Gold Coast, Queensland, every two years since 1992.
- The 5th Conference on Mathematics and Computers in Sport was held at UTS in Sydney, the 2000 Olympic city.
- The 7th Conference on Mathematics and Computers in Sport was hosted in New Zealand during 2004.
- The 8th Conference was held at Greenmount Resort, Coolangatta, QLD in 2006.
- The 9th conference was held at Twin Towns Resort, Tweed Heads, NSW in 2008.
- The 10th conference was held at Crowne Plaza, Darwin in 2010.
- The 11th conference was held in Melbourne in 2012.
- The 12th conference was held in Darwin, 2014, immediately after an IACSS conference.
- The 13th conference was held in Melbourne 11-13 July, 2016. See details here.
- The 14th Conference is planned for June/July 2018 in the Brisbane area. Specific dates and details will be provided as they become available.
Fully refereed proceedings have been produced from each of the conferences and are available for free download.