Mathematical Biology Group - Resources
- Dr Lorenzo Pellis (University of Warwick, UK) will be visiting Dr Joshua Ross (University of Adelaide) between 14/10/2012 and 2/11/2012. Lorenzo is interested in modelling infectious diseases, in particular in structured populations.
- Robert Smith? will be visiting Geoff Mercer at ANU from January–April 2013. His interests are infectious disease modelling including influenza, HIV, Malaria, HCV, Guinea Worm Disease, Tularemia, Fire Blight, West Nile virus, Zombies, Bieber Fever. He is available to give seminars and visit other groups during his stay in Australia.
A list of relevant conferences can be found at the:
- Society of Mathematical Biology (SMB).
- European Society for Mathematical and Theoretical Biology (ESMTB).
Other conferences include:
- The SMB annual conference.
- 2012 China-Japan-Korea International Conference on Mathematical Biology May 22nd-25th, Busan, Korea.
- Resource Modelling conference July 9-12th, Brisbane.
- Week of Ecological and Biological Simulation Events Centre for Research on Intelligent Systems 9-12th July, Melbourne, Australia
- Models in Population Dynamics & Ecology 2012 September 10-13th, 2012, Santa Maria, Brazil.
- Workshop on Mathematical Models of Tumor-Immune System Dynamics, 7--10 January, 2013, Sydney, Australia.
The following are examples of important journals in mathematical biology: