ANZIAM (Australia and New Zealand Industrial and Applied Mathematics) is a division of The Australian Mathematical Society (AustMS). Our members are interested in applied mathematical research, mathematical applications in industry and business, and mathematics education at tertiary level.
Our role is to:
- Advance the application of mathematics to science, industry and business;
- Promote mathematical research relevant to applications of mathematics;
- Provide for the exchange of ideas and information between applied mathematicians and users of mathematics in science, engineering and industry;
- Encourage the education and training of industrial and applied mathematicians.
We do this through our
- conferences and meetings,
- awards and scholarships and student support programs,
- the activities of our special interest groups and branches.